Any personal details that you supply to us via this website will be stored and held by us on computer databases or otherwise, for as long as you have a relationship with us and thereafter for as long as we are legally required to do so, for the purpose of:
- providing you with the service(s) that you have requested
- fulfilling any agreement we may have with you
- providing you with information about any other special offers, products and services that we feel may be of interest to you (unless you inform us that you do not want to receive such direct marketing)
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to employees and agents of the Society and its subsidiaries and associates to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Society now or in the future
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
- anyone to whom you authorise us to give personal information
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
- to our regulators, professional advisers and auditors.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you give directly to or are collected via such third party sites. You should read the respective data policies or procedures of these linked websites to find out how they use your information.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have a general right of access to the personal data we hold and which relates to you. You may obtain a copy of the data held, by writing to the Society at: 7 King Street, Penrith, CA11 7AR.